Proactive leadership through change is essential
Change has become the norm, but how well are you doing it?
What is the difference between being a proactive vs reactive change leader?
What can you do?
- Ask yourself how many compromises are undermining a high performing culture in your business?
- What does a timely response look like? Not just for change, but even when it comes to microaggressions.
- Who is responsible for change in your business? Are they trained in managing change, and do they understand the implications that impact frontline and middle management?
- What is the impact of change on workplace dynamics and workflow?
- Ask yourself, do your people have the skills for what you’re asking them to deliver on if they were recruited for other reasons?
- Be open to ideas – your employees are often your best information source.
- Seek out the root of a problem. ‘Why?’ can give you a good indication of how big or small a problem is, why it’s an issue, and why it came up now.
- Allocate more time and resources to develop, train and mentor your team.
Practical Solutions and Resources
FREE Resources for EMA Members
To access these resources, login using your EMA Member account.
FREE Digital Library with First Steps
Through First Steps, and available to members and non-members, you have free access to the small to medium business-focused Workplace Wellbeing Risk Diagnostic Tool, and a range of e-Learning and resources.
Assess how your organisation is coping with their wellbeing and to identify key areas to develop as an organisation.
Free Digital Learning:
Our Change Toolkit includes the following 6 documents:
- Building the business case for change
- Change Process – Consultation point
- Stakeholder Analysis and RASCI template
- Change Communication Plan template
- Building a Change Communication Plan
- Managing resistance to change
Do your people have the skills you’re asking them to deliver on? Are all of their skills being utilised effectively? If they were recruited for different reasons or for a different position, there may be a skill miss-match. Learn how to identify skill gaps and under-utilised skills and enable everyone to reach their potential.
Customised Option Only. For more information on this customised course, please contact email@example.com